American AAdvantage Redemption: Business Class on Etihad to Abu Dhabi-AUH
- Counting down to the UAE & Australia in an Etihad First Apartment!
- American AAdvantage Redemption: Business Class on Etihad to Abu Dhabi-AUH
- Etihad First and Business Class Lounge Washington, DC-IAD
- Etihad B787 “Business Studio” EY 130 Washington-IAD to Abu Dhabi-AUH
- Etihad Arrivals Lounge Abu Dhabi-AUH Airport and Chauffeur Service to Dubai
- Park Hyatt Dubai Hotel Review
The first award redemption of our Around the World trip to Dubai/Australia was booked using American Airlines miles.
We used 60,750 American Airlines AAdvantage miles each (a total of 67,5o0 – 10% rebate since we both have the AAdvantage Aviator Red MasterCard) and booked the following routes in Business Class. We booked before the March 2016 American AAdvantage devaluation, but this award only increased 2,500 points to 70,000 total (link to new award map here).
While we would never have paid the cash rates, it’s always nice knowing that your miles are getting a lot of value as the airfare for this route hovers at around $9,700 per person:
Using the Weekend Blitz Award Calculator, we find that this redemption yielded us a value of 13.00 cents/mile:
Here’s a taste of what we experienced on the flights:
Etihad Airways First and Business Class Lounge in Washington-IAD
Etihad’s new “Business Studio” on one of their new B787-9 Dreamliners
The Etihad Arrivals Lounge at Abu Dhabi-AUH
Etihad’s Chauffeur Drive Service
Follow along with us as we continue the trip report!