Costco discount code beats AAA discount at Hyatt (sometimes)
Until about 10 minutes ago, I had absolutely no idea that Costco has a Hyatt discount code for members.
Now, this is not to be confused with “Costco Travel,” which is basically just an online travel agency no different than Orbitz or Expedia:
Using Costco’s discount code can save you big when booking Hyatt hotels. A few samples:
- Grand Hyatt New York (Dec 13-14): AAA $495 vs Costco $425 (14% cheaper than AAA)
- Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile (Oct 23-35): AAA $200 vs Costco $206 (3% higher than AAA)
- Grand Hyatt Seattle (Oct 23-25): AAA $267 vs Costco $240 (10% cheaper than AAA)
- Grand Hyatt Seattle (Nov 11-15): AAA $303 vs Costco $272 (10% cheaper than AAA)
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver (Oct 18-20): AAA 213 CAD vs Costco 213 CAD (same as AAA)
- Hyatt at Olive 8 Seattle (Nov 15-18): AAA $161 vs Costco $143 (11% cheaper than AAA)
See a trend here? The 10% discounts over AAA rates seem to be most popular in Seattle–Costco’s backyard.
How to Get It
- Head to Hyatt.com
- Under “OFFERS & GIFT CERTIFICATES” enter:
- Make you booking
- You might be asked to show your Costco membership card at the time of check-in, so be prepared.
- But, in practice, you’ll likely never be asked to show your Costco membership card.
- According to the terms, “10% Discount off of the Hyatt Daily Rate is valid on standard guest room accommodations.” But, the actual discounts can often be much greater than 10% off standard rate.
BOTTOM LINE: The Costco rate almost always either beats or matches the AAA discount at Hyatt hotels. Great to use if you’re not a AAA member or just to secure an even better rate.