Blitz Deal: Thanksgiving or Christmas in Bali for $532 Roundtrip
As reported here on Flyertalk, you can book fares from select Pennsylvania airports to Bali, Indonesia for around $532 roundtrip, all-in.
- Active departure airports: Philadelphia-PHL, Allentown-ABE, Harrisburg-MDT or Scranton-AVP
- Destination: Ngurah Rai International Airport, also known as Denpasar International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia-DPS.
- Minimum stay: 14 days for the cheapest fares
- Active dates: October 22, 2014 (earliest departure date) to May 24, 2014 (latest return date).
- Price range: $532-582 depending on the dates and the carriers with a 14-day minimum stay in Bali (sounds horrible, I know!). Price jumps to the ~$750 range when the stay is less than 14 days but it’s still significantly cheaper than full price alternatives.
- You can pretty easily include a stopover at Seoul-ICN on either the outbound or return trip.
- Side note, we took our honeymoon to Bali and had an amazing time: All about our Honeymoon trip: Bali, Jakarta, Singapore and the Maldives
How to Get It
- Head to Google.com/flights
- Enter departure airport as “MDT, PHL, ABE, AVP” (this will show you all of the options from the area) and arrival airport as “DPS“.
- If you have specific dates you’d like to travel, enter them in, or you can just click the calendar and Google Flights will begin searching many combinations and show a calendar of low fares.
- Select your preferred flight times:
- Google Flights is excellent for quickly and easily viewing the flight options but they cannot provide a direct link for booking on this particular itinerary.
At this point, you’ll want to write down or print out your specific flights selections and head to Orbitz.com.
- At Orbitz, enter you specific travel dates and city pairs and begin a search. The fares will be appx ~$7 more than the price quote on Google Flights; this is Orbitz’s brokerage fee for the booking.
- You will select your flights and then make the booking like normal. I recommend entering a Delta SkyMiles number at the time of booking–it will automatically and instantly populate in your Delta account and will serve as a good confirmation that the booking has gone through successfully.
- If you book with Orbitz, you can book today and will have until 10pm CST the next day for a free cancellation.
- The Delta flights will earn basically 0 SkyMiles if you end up booking your flights for 2015 under the new program.
- Need to get to Philadelphia for just a few miles? Check out our post on using Bristish Airways Avios to book US Airways flights to/from PHL: US Airways Flights: Using British Airways Avios out of Philadelphia-PHL
- Looking for good places to stay in Bali on points? We’ve got a post for that, too: Ultimate Honeymoon: Which Starwood Property In Bali?
BOTTOM LINE: This is a pretty awesome deal for a flight from the Northeast U.S. to Bali–there’s plenty to keep you busy for 2+ weeks but it’s also quite cheap and easy to hop a ULCC to a neighboring city like Jakarta, Singapore or Kuala Lumpur.