Deal Blitz: Starwood “Hear the Music” 2014 Promo – $50 Ticketmaster Cash for Every 2 Nights
Starwood has just announced a new “Hear the Music” promo, very similar to the one it ran last year (Free $50 in Ticketmaster/Live Nation Cash with Starwood stays).
To encourage use of its mobile apps for booking, Starwood is offering a $50 gift certificate to Ticketmaster for every 2 nights you stay at a Starwood property that is booked on either the iPhone, iPad, or Android app.
How to Get It
- Head to the SPG Promos page to register before May 29: SPG Head the Music, See the World Promo
- Book all stays using the Starwood mobile app on either iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Done! For every 2 nights you stay between April 3 and May 31, 2014, you’ll get a $50 eGift Card to use at Ticketmaster.
- Don’t forget to rebook any already-standing reservations on the app.
- Ticketmaster cash codes will be emailed to you by June 6, 2014.
There doesn’t appear to be any limit to earning on this deal. The most you could possibly earn (assuming you started on April 3) is 58 days / 2 stays = 29 x $50 TM gift cards = $1,450 in free concerts. This is the max possible, which surprises me they haven’t set a limit. I’m sure at least a few Starwood business travelers out there will come close to this number.
If you have bookings during the promo period that you didn’t make with the mobile app, check to see if the same rate is available, then rebook on the app and cancel the original booking. Booking on the app is the only way the stay will count towards the promo.
- Make your bookings with the mobile app!
- “The SPG Sweepstakes Promotion (the Sweepstakes) is open only to Starwood Preferred Guest members who are 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., Puerto Rico, as of the date of entry.”
- You will earn on nights, not stays so there’s no need to switch properties to get in on this deal.
- As the T&Cs currently read, there’s no limit to the number of $50 vouchers you can earn.
- “All earned $50 Ticketmaster cash codes will be sent to members via the email specified in their SPG member profile by June 6, 2014.”
- Valid for “eligible nights” only: “prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and orbitz.com) or via spg.com are not considered eligible for this promotion.”
BOTTOM LINE: This is a great promotion that doesn’t really require any extra work. It’s a win-win way to get free Ticketmaster cash and there’s really no reason not to sign up and participate.