Ultimate Honeymoon: Overview of Destinations
Ok, so time to start planning the most fun part of getting married: The Honeymoon.
Just about everyone wants to get some place tropical complete with blue waters, whites sands and enough poolside fruity drinks to give you the . So, to go domestic and still get your beach honeymoon on, you’ll be stuck with:
- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Atlantic City (area), New Jersey
- Destin, Florida
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Panama City Beach, Florida
- Key West, Florida
So basically “Insert Girls Gone Wild Filming Location Here” honeymoon destinations.
Don’t get me wrong, the U.S. has its fair share of nice resorts that would be honeymoon-worthy (complete list here), but, if you’re skimping on even the Caribbean or Hawaii, then you likely won’t be interested in shelling out $690+/night at the in Little Torch Key, Florida.
Keeping with the theme, if you’re on a small budget, you could also consider a cruise. I mean, we’ve all heard such great things about Carnival recently and, as an added bonus, you’ll have fun . But, if you take a classier one, you might have a decent time without spending too much per person. Personally, I shudder at the thought.
So, with the domestic US and cruises totally ruled out, it’s time to list all of the viable choices and start narrowing from there. Top honeymoon destinations include:
- French Polynesia –> Bora Bora, Moorea, Tahiti
- Hawaii –> Kauai, Maui
- Caribbean –> St. Barts, British Virgin Islands, Anguilla, Bermuda, Turks & Caicos, Nevis, Aruba, Antigua, Barbados, St Maarten/St Martin
- South/Central America –> Costa Rica, Belize
- Indonesia –> Bali
- Malaysia –> Langkawi
- Aegean Sea/Greek Isles –> Mykonos, Santorini, Turkey
- Cook Islands
- Thailand –> Phuket, Phi Phi Islands, Krabi, Khao Lak
Post: Ultimate Honeymoon: Thailand with Delta Skymiles
- Mediterranean –> Corsica, Southern France, Spain, Sardinia
- Adriatic –> Italy, Croatia
View Honeymoon Destinations in a larger map
Stay tuned for a detailed look at how to proceed from here.