Montreal Old City Walking Tour – Guidatour Review
- Spirit Air
- Transit options – Plattsburgh, New York to Montreal
- Restaurant Le P’Tit Plateau – Montreal, Quebec
- Montreal Old City Walking Tour – Guidatour Review
- Olive Et Gourmando – Montreal, Quebec
- Phayathai – Montreal, Quebec
- O’Noir Restaurant Review – Montreal, Québec
- Resto la Banquise Review – Montreal
- Schwartz’s Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen – Montreal, Québec
- Parc du Mont-Royal (Mount Royal Park) – Montreal, Québec
- Le Hobbit Bistro Review – Québec City, Canada
- Québec City – A Photo Gallery Walking Tour
Saturday morning, we were hunting around online to figure out what to do. We had heard great things about Fitz & Follwell Co. bike tours (TripAdvisor), but they didn’t appear to handle last minute reservations very well online and the 4-hour bike tour of the whole city left at 10 a.m. from the Plateau Royal district – the opposite side of town from us. Instead, we discovered that Guidatour (http://www.guidatour.qc.ca/) offers walking tours of Vieux Montreal daily during the summer, departing from Notre Dame (luckily, 5 minutes away from us).
Guidatour review: Tickets are about $20/person for a 90 min tour, which includes a brief visit into Notre Dame. Our tour guide, Martin, was quite knowledgeable, but I will say that, compared to past walking tours, this one felt a little short and like not all that much was covered. Either way, it helped us at least get our bearings of downtown with an added bonus of a little historical background. I would consider it to be a fine value for the money (when compared to Fitz’s bike tour for $69/person).
Vieux Montreal photo tour: