How-to: Match Hyatt status to MGM M life status
Back in June, Hyatt and MGM announced a partnership that extends reciprocal benefits to the members of each other’s loyalty programs. In practice, this means that Hyatt Gold Passport Members will earn Hyatt points in addition to M life points aka “tier credits” when staying at any of the 12 MGM properties in Las Vegas. Similarly, MGM M life members will be able to earn M “tier credits” when staying at any Hyatt property worldwide.
How to Qualify for M life/Hyatt Gold Passport Status
- Hyatt Member <–> M life Sapphire
- Hyatt Platinum <–> M life Gold
- Hyatt Diamond <–> M life Platinum
[toggle title=”Creating a MGM M life account, step-by-step:”]
- Head to mlife.com –> “Join Now”
- Enter email –> “Submit”
- Enter full details to create account –> “Submit”
- Look for activation email –> Enter code –> Submit
- All done, account is ready![/toggle]
How to Get It
- Hyatt Gold Passport Members should click here to opt-in: MGM M life status match
- You’ll be prompted to login to your Hyatt account
- From here, you will either need to login with your M life account, or create an account (see above)
- Success! After signing into M life, your new status should pop up. Right after logging in through the “opt-in link,” my account started showing my new Platinum status!
- Start enjoying your new benefits! Including:
- You can redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points at M Life hotels and resorts in Las Vegas.
- Your new reciprocal status is available immediately upon registering
- When you check-in to Hyatt, you can opt to earn either HGP points or M Life points.
BOTTOM LINE: GREAT NEWS. This new relationship should be extremely valuable for Hyatt elites (will now be considered for room upgrades in Vegas) and even more valuable for MGM M Life elites (who will now enjoy the benefits of being elite at all Hyatt properties worldwide).