Blitz Deal: Marriott Spring 2014 Promotion “MegaBonus”
Don’t miss out on Marriott Reward’s Spring 2014 promo “Marriott Rewards MegaBonus Bonus 2014”:
You’ll have to login to your Marriott account and head to the MegaBonus page to see your personalized offer. Here are a few of the offers you may get:
- For every two stays, you’ll get one free night in a Category 1 – 5 hotel (improvement over normal Category 4 maximum). You can earn a max of 2 free nights, so just 4 hotel stays will get you there. This is now the 3rd or 4th time in a row Marriott has run the same bonus.
- For every two stays, you’ll get one free night in a Category 1 – 4 hotel. You can earn a max of 2 free nights, so just 4 hotel stays will get you there.
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 20 paid nights, up to 40,000 points
- Earn 35,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights plus an additional 15,000 after 25 paid nights, up to 50,000 points
HELP! I don’t like my targeted promo!: There have been some reports on Flyertalk (link here) that people have called in to Marriott support (Marriott Rewards Customer Support at 888-MARRIOTT) and successfully had a customer representative change their promotion. Your experience may vary, but it’s worth shot if you’re unhappy with your promo.
A category 5 hotel requires 25k points for a redemption, so you’re likely better off earning 2x free nights at up to a category 5 which would be valued at 50k bonus points. To earn 50k bonus points using the points route would take you 25 paid nights worth of Marriott stays.
How to Get It
- Register here: Marriott Rewards Promo Center by March 31, 2014
- Book at least 2 stays at Marriott properties between February 1 and April 30, 2014
- A free night certificate or bonus points (depending on your offer) will post to your account within 3 – 5 business days of completing the requirements.
- The deal requires 2 paid “stays” for a free night, that is every check in/check out will qualify. If you want to maximize the deal and don’t have many Marriott hotel nights planned, just make sure you only have 1 night stays. Marriott has properties blanketing the US, so you’ll likely find another close by. You might be inconvenienced by having to split up a 2 or 3 night stay in separate hotels, but it’s a small price to pay for getting free nights.
- The free nights will be valid for 12 months from the date they’re issued.
- In my opinion, the certificates are much easier to use than points: i.e., slim/no blackout dates, valid for any Category 4 or 5 room, anytime. So, save these for a rainy day. I’ve used mine in the past for a last minute New Year’s Eve redemption in downtown Charlotte at a nearly sold out Marriott Courtyard. Rates were $229+, but free to me!
BOTTOM LINE: This great deal is essentially a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” promo on Marriott nights. Best part is now most free nights qualify for up to a Category 5 stay which routinely go for $250+/night (if you only get the Cat 4 offer, try calling in for a switch). While it’s neither new or exciting, since Marriott runs this same promo frequently, it’s a solid bonus that makes us non-Marriott people switch over for at least a few nights.