Blitz Deal: ~20 Free Nights with 1 Credit Card Bonus
How did I just learn about this one?!
So, Club Carlson (Radisson, Country Inn, Park Plaza etc…) is offering a signup bonus of 85,000 points for getting their “Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card.” Their reward chart looks a little something like this:
…Which means that 85,000 Gold Points will get you nearly 10 free nights at any Category 1 Club Carlson property (85,000 / 9,000 = 9.4 nights). But, wait, that’s not even the best part: Club Carlson credit card holders get an added benefit “Bonus Award Night – When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free.” This means that if you only redeem 2-night award stays at Category 1 properties, you’ll book the 2 nights but the last night will be free — which basically gives you 50% off award redemptions. This will stretch your free nights from 9 to 18 just from the credit card bonus (85,000 / 4,500 = 18.8 free nights).
Before you get too excited, here’s a quick crash course on Club Carlson:
- Their brand includes: Radisson, Radisson Blu, Radisson Red, Country Inns & Suites, Park Inn, Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Missoni and Quorvus Collection
- The group operates 1,300+ hotels in over 100 countries worldwide:
- There is a rather short list of hotels that fall under the Category 1 classification for award redemptions. Before signing up for the card and banking on those 18+ free nights, make sure you’ll be able to use the points: Club Carlson Hotel Directory by Gold Points Needed. I’m counting only about 35 hotels out of 1,300 that meet the criteria for a 9,000 point redemption for 2-free nights.
- There are substantially more hotels that are available as a Category 2 redemption which will run you 15,000 points/night but, with the bonus night, you could turn your 85,000 points into nearly 12 free nights.
If you’re interested, you can get more info on the credit card here:
- Info/sign-up: Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature card
- 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide
- 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else
- 85,000 Bonus Gold Points to start – Receive 50,000 Gold Points after your first purchase. Plus 35,000 points once you spend $2,500 on your card within the first 90 days
- Bonus Award Night – When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers!
- Club Carlson Gold Status is yours after you activate and use your card
- Annual fee = $75 (not waived for 1st year)
BOTTOM LINE: I feel like I’ve been living under a rock on this one. In theory, McCown and I could maximize this promo by each getting the personal card and the business card, which would net 85,000 Gold Points * 4 = 340,000 points– enough for nearly 80 free nights!