Deal Blitz: Hotels.com now a partner in Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall
There’s nothing better than double (or even triple!) dipping when it comes to earning miles and points — and credit card shopping portals can help out a ton when it comes to finding good opportunities.
Now, I’m not sure if this is news or not, but it’s definitely news to me: Hotels.com is now a partner in the Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall at a current rate of 3x! This means that if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred (like McCown and I), you’re getting the following for every $ of Hotels.com spent through the portal:
2.14x normal (2x on travel + 7% annual dividend standard with Chase Sapphire Preferred)
+ 3x Chase UR shopping portal bonus
+ 10% towards Hotels.com rewards (Hotels.com’s reward program gives you a Buy 10, Get 1 Free on room or an implied 10% off)
= 5.14x Chase UR points + 10% of value towards Hotels.com credit
A triple dip!
Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible until reservations have been fulfilled. Not eligible on the purchase of travel packages, flights, or cars. Eligible on lodging only. Cancelation voids eligibility, even if non-refundable packages or flights. Again, Cancelation voids eligibility, even if non-refundable.
How to Book
1. Have an eligible Chase card
2. Login into Chase –> Head to the Ultimate Rewards Portal
3. Click “Earn Faster” –> “Earn Bonus Points at the UR Mall”
4. Hotels.com pops right up as a “Top Merchant”
Or navigate to “Travel” –> “Hotels & Accommodations”
5. Click the Hotels.com link, wait for this popup:
6. Book as normal. Make sure to remind yourself to check your Chase UR account after you complete your stay to confirm that the points posted as normal.
BOTTOM LINE: If you have credit cards like Chase, AMEX, Capital One or Citi, make sure to check their online shopping portals before making a purchase–you might be able to double or triple dip!