Deal Blitz: Hilton Summer 2014 Promo: 2x Points or Miles
Don’t miss out on Hilton’s Summer 2014 promo “Earn Twice the Rewards“:
Hilton is offering a choice of either double points or double miles on all (eligible) nights at (participating) properties from May 1 through July 31, 2014.
The normal base rate for Hilton HHonors points is 10x points/$ spent (Home2 Suites by Hilton is only 5x), so, with this promo, you’ll be getting 20x points/$ spent.
The normal rate for airline miles varies from airline to airline; check the normal list here: Hilton HHonors Airline and Rail. Common examples: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines, American, Amtrak, Delta, Frontier, jetBlue, Hawaiian, US Airways, Virigin America and United all typically earn 1 mile/point per $ spent, so, with the promo, you’ll get 2x miles/points per $ spent.
How to Get It
- Register here: Hilton HHonors “Earn Twice the Rewards” before your first Hilton stay during the promo period of 5/1 – 7/31
- If you choose “Double Miles,” you must change the setting in your HHonors profile so that earning miles is the default
- Book your stays between May 1 – July 31, keeping in mind that ~600 properties aren’t participating in the promo (Avoid them! See list of hotels that aren’t participating below.)
- Your bonus points will post within 6-8 weeks from the completion of your stay
- There is a LENGTHY list of ~600 hotels not participating. Double check it here before you book: “HOTELS THAT HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO PARTICIPATE IN “DOUBLE YOUR HHONORS” 2014″
- You must register before your stay to get credit–no retroactive credit!
- “Do I have to change my MyWay™ Earnings Style Option in my HHonors account in order to receive Double Miles for this promotion?
Yes. You must change your profile to Points & Miles in order to earn miles. You must also have a preferred airline selected in your HHonors profile. Double Miles are only available with participating airlines.”
BOTTOM LINE: Hilton has released a very similar Summer promo to Starwood (Blitz Deal: Starwood Summer 2014 Promo: Up to 3x Starpoints on All Stays)–there’s no sense in not signing up but I don’t think it will make me switch any stays over to Hilton.