Blitz Guide: Book Priority Club hotels for $35/night
Overview of the Deal
Ok, “so what’s the catch?” There’s not really too much of a catch at all.
IHG–InterContinental Hotels–owns and operates the following hotel brands:
- Candlewood Suites
- Crowne Plaza
- Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations
- Holiday Inn Express
- Hotel Indigo
- Staybridge Suites
IHG’s customer rewards program is called Priority Club. About once a quarter, Priority Club has a promotion where they discount a selected number of their hotels down to 5,000 points/night.
How to get Priority Club Points
- Stay at Priority Club hotels (Holiday Inn, InterContinental etc…)
- Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points
How to Book Hotel Stays for $35/night
As I mentioned before, these hotels have been discounted down to 5,000 points/night. The secret is that, through a loophole, you can easily purchase 5,000 Priority Club points for $35. Having purchased the points you can then use them to book hotels participating in the promotion.
- Have AT LEAST 10,000 points in your account (that is the minimum amount you can book using cash + points)–see above on how to get points into your account
- When you have 10k points, search around for a hotel with award availability, but not a hotel that is on the 5,000 point promo
- Click button to book using 10,000 points + $70
- Finish booking: it will say that you are purchasing $70 worth of points (10k) immediately and only the points can be refunded upon cancellation, not $–this is exactly what you want to see
- After you reserve, click to cancel. You should see your point value increase by 10k
- There you have it, you just added 10k points to your account for $70
- Check the Priority Club Points Break site to see which hotels are participating
- Search for availability between today’s date and the expiration date listed at the bottom of the site
- Book like normal, just at a great reduction
You can repeat again and again to rack up a bunch and then book the 5,000 point promo dates. Just remember to give the system a few mins between transactions to fully update or you might get errors about not having enough points!
- 25 August 2013 at 4:08pm
- Blitz Deal: IHG PointBreaks through October 31, 2013 | Hack.Travel 24 November 2014 at 1:11pm
- IHG PointBreaks Are Bookable for 5,000 Points Now! | The Lazy Traveler's Handbook
[…] Check our tutorial on how to book rooms for $35 / night ...
[…] book for 5,000 points a night–or for $35 if you don’t have the ...